The RGB season kicks-off this weekend which is depressing. Yet again I have no car. The progress made has been to finish some stuff that has been WIP for ages.
Sunday, 9 March 2014
The rear loom (mainly running lights) is very nearly complete:
I've used splash-proof connectors - some genuine AMP, some not-so-much i.e. evidently not quite so good quality.
The free plug 'by-yer' is for the rain light. I'd have completely finished the rear loom if it weren't for the crimp connectors that I've bought for the earths. Lord-knows how you are supposed to crimp them; they are so stiff - it feels like my fingers might break before they bend.
Saturday, 8 March 2014
(Almost) first-thing this morning I headed over to see Andrew Graham at http://www.allisport.com/. He did a fine job of welding the AN8 fitting to my oil cooler take-off. He's all of 15 minutes from home so definitely and option for my tanks etc.
It's budget time in work so I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon modelling labour costs. I was relieved to finish and having met the delivery driver from Tesco at the top of the drive - they don't fancy the incline much - I wandered out to the sheds to do a bit.
With the take-off plate torqued-up, I was able to finish the oil hoses. It's worked out quite well albeit that it's quite tight where the hoses move up-and-forward to the cooler itself. I may need to use some heat resistant material to protect the oil lines, including the pressure sender take-off line.
While I was messing about with bowls of hot water and rubber hoses I thought I'd have a go at the flexible fuel lines at the rear. This was a tougher job than I and anticipated and even having warmed the hoses it was a struggle. For the second hose, where it connects to the hard pipe that runs down the tunnel, I actually smeared a little vaseline on the copper to help the rubber to slip over the ferule that is acting as a bead. The proper stainless clips (these arrived in the week) then fitted over very well.