A little more progress was made yesterday - not as much as I'd have liked but there you go.
The reinforced back-end which is necessitated by the MSA requirement to have roll-bar back-stays is now almost fully welded. I say almost as there are some weld-runs that I need to do once the chassis has been inverted.
The strips of white tape are reminders that there are welds that need finishing once upside-down. This chassis mod took me ages. Cutting the angles on the horizontal(ish) tubes proved a little problematic. Some of my welding was then utter dog-sh*t so I ended up grinding it back and having another go.
I will not be welding the roll-cage and may even leave the engine mounts to someone better than I! Ah yes, the engine mounts. What was going to be square is now round. I realised that I had some nice water-cut brackets left over from the aborted se7en project that would do the job quite nicely. I was also worried that the tube that's been lying around various garages for almost two years might be fubared but it's minty-clean inside so we'll run with it.
The last 45mins of the 'garage-time' yesterday was spent looking at the possibilities for fitting a reverse. I have no real idea what I'm going to do yet - not good!
Happy New Year by the way.